Parish Pastoral Council (PPC)|
The purpose of the Parish Pastoral
Council is to provide the climate in which parishioners can grow in a deeper
relationship with God and each other, and to minister to the total well-being of
parish members, be they individuals or families.
Through prayer, study and discernment, the parish council recommends
policies, services and support programs to meet the needs of the parish and to
reach out to the larger community.
The Parish Pastoral Council encourages and supports parish ministries and
identifies and provides for the communal, social, spiritual and educational
needs of all of the parishioners.
The responsibilities of the Parish Pastoral Council summarized:
• Offers assistance and advice to the Pastoral team regarding issues
affecting the Parish at large
• Invites the guidance of the Holy Spirit prompting our parish forward
• Seeks to discern the needs and concerns of the parish and to hear the concerns
of individual parishioners
• Proposes goals and strategies to respond to those needs and concerns
• Seeks to reach out to the larger community of South Burlington to invite,
encourage participation and spread the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Meetings: Held on the third Wednesday of each month, in the Hearth room at 7:30 p.m.
Contact Person: Mike McConnell 905-333-9727.
Council Members September 2016
Fr Frank Wagner CSC
Fr Francis Salasiar CSC
Paul O'Keefe Chairperson
Mike McConnell Secretary